Thursday, June 5, 2008

Thankful Thursday #15

Thanking God this week for:

-Krissy's beautiful wedding. I am thankful for the gift of marriage, and being able to celebrate with Krissy on her special day.
-Spending time with Sarah and Autumn, as well as a bunch of other old and new friends this weekend. It was great to catch up and be able to put my guard down.
-Gaucho pants
-InterVarsity staff ....truly men and women that are used by the Lord in ENORMOUS ways! I am grateful for how they respond to the spirit and how I am constantly learning new things in their presence.
-Coffee and creamer....french vanilla to be exact :)
-Beautiful mornings to wake up to
-Carpooling to conferences
-An amazing staff conference on multi-ethnicity
-Learning how God deeply loves all people and all nations
-The word of God coming to life as I spend more and more time studying it
-A great lunch with Rachel---a time to catch up and have fun:)
-Ram's teaching about Abraham
-Prayer
-God's promises to Abraham, Jacob, and myself
-God's provision
-God's plans are not derailed because of my failure
-In the grand scheme of things, I am a mere piece of poop, and yet the Lord uses me and continues to use me

1 comment:

Unknown said...

And yet God has chosen and adopted you as his daughter for all eternity, not because he sees you as a piece of poop, but because he sees you as who you truly are, that is, who you will be when he has finished molding you; when he is done with you people will be tempted to worship you--and that will be you, not someone else. And that is right because you are created in the image of God, in fact you are called to be his image bearer to Albion and the world.