Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Scriptures that Keep me Going!

There are times in the midst of this summer, as I prepare for ministry in the fall that I feel inadequate, I feel nervous and unprepared...BUT I love that God gives me scripture to remind me of the hope to which He has called me!

"I long to see you so that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to make you strong- that is that you and I may be mutually encouraged by each other." Rom 1:11-12 My hope for this ministry on campus, is that the Christian would be encouraged by each other as we do the work of the Lord on campus, learning together, fellowshipping together, and living life together.

"Because we loved you so much, we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God, but our lives as well." 1 Thess. 2:8 This verse describes what I will be doing on staff. I already love my students so much. I love them and want to share my life with them. I want to be a source of encouragement and counseling. I don't want to simply share the Gospel with them and ask for a response, but to model the Gospel in the way that I live me life. I want to invite students into our home, to be a part of ourl ives, and through that the Gospel will be lived out :)

No comments: