Monday, March 19, 2007

First Trip to Albion

First trip to Albion today!!! On the agenda....

-Meeting with Elizabeth. She is a great student leader!!! She is a junior this year and has a great heart after ministry. I can't wait to build a relationship with her. She has great goals and plans for next year. God has done great things through her, and I believe will continue to do great things.

-Prayer Meeting. John, a pastor from Albion, led the prayer meeting. There were four other people there, and it was great to meet them all. Cory, Kristie, William, and Hannah. I see great potential in them!! I was able to share who I am, what my role would be as a staff worker, and ofcourse, encouraged them all to come to Chapter Focus Week, our annual chapter planning week.

-John, the pastor and Jon my husband went to lunch and John filled us all in on Alibion--both the town and the college. We loved it!!! It was a great time. We know that God is leading us there. We are so excited to spend time in this city. God has been teaching us about racial reconciliation and city renewal, and we have a chance to do both.

-Visited the Mance. John let us look at the church's mance to see if we wanted to rent!!! We are keeping our options open and trying to find a place to live, while keeping in mind that money is really tight!

-Please pray as the Lord guides us in a place to live, and where I will be place on campus.

No comments: